Pages

Friday 9 November 2012

Laughter


Laughter is a sound of happiness but the laughter  I hear comes from behind the walls echoing in my ears at night.  It makes me tremble.The hairs on my neck stand up as if they were getting  ready to run away. I see my cat Zeus lying by the fire, safe and sound, oblivious, not noticing the horror behind the walls. I shudder to think what it really is!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Gazing at the fire I wondered if I was dreaming.Laughter echoes in my ears yet again.Kneeling down, I gently whisper to Zeus, trying to comfort myself knowing that he’s asleep. The fire suddenly stopped  blazing and went out as if it someone had thrown a bag of flour into the fire. Zeus and I were alone in the dark. 

Suddenly, a feeling of flying rushed through me! Zeus and I were being transported through a vortex into a dark spacious room that was so big it felt like I was in space, maybe we were in space. I looked down, my clothes had changed. The stripes on Zeus’s fur had changed to, they were thinner than before.
There were minute lights on what seemed like a wall, I heard laughter again.  Looking down at Zeus’s face, the expression on his face showed he was alarmed. Moving slightly, I felt a lump in my pocket and remembered that in my pocket was a mirror, suddenly I felt confident. I placed the mirror in the middle of the room allowing it to reflect the light to create more light. Once again the feeling of flying entered my body. Zeus and I had been transported back home and the laughter was gone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.